Gambling is a fun hobby to enjoy at times. You can easily forget about work and other obligations for a while. Gambling is great, but only when you do it right. If you do it wrong, it may even consume your life. The rules below will allow you to have a great time situs casino […]
Author Archive for: Oscar
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Oscar contributed a whooping 4 entries.
Entries by Oscar
If you wonder why you need to switch to WordPress, in this article, we will share six essential reasons WordPress is a fantastic option. One of the most common misconceptions about WordPress is that it is only used for blogging. However, it is not. While WordPress did start as a blogging tool, it has evolved through the years into a powerful website builder and a reliable Content Management System (CMS). The best part about WordPress is that it is easy to use and flexible enough to make different types of websites. According to a recent study, WordPress powers 32.3% of all sites on the internet. Due to its features, many of the top brands use WordPress, including Time Magazine, The New Yorker, Facebook, Sony, Disney, The New York Times, Target and more. Now, take a look at why you should use WordPress to make your website.
- WordPress is Free as in Freedom– WordPress is a free software. You are free to download, use, install and modify it to cater to your needs. You can use it to create any type of website. While the WordPress software is free, you still need a domain name and web hosting. A domain name is what users type in the browser’s address bar to access your website. Web hosting, on the other hand, is your website’s house where all your website files are stored. You can Bluehost. Bluehost is one of the largest web hosting companies in the world and an official WordPress hosting provider.
- WordPress is Customizable with Themes and Plugins– A majority of people using WordPress are not web designers. Most people start using WordPress without any prior knowledge of designing websites. For non-tech savvy people, WordPress is the perfect solution because there are thousands of free website templates that you can choose from. There is an ideal WordPress theme for every kind of website. WordPress themes are easy to use because they come with their own options panel allowing you to change colours, upload logo, change the background and create beautiful sliders.
- WordPress is SEO Friendly– WordPress is written using standard compliance high-quality code. This is why WordPress sites rank higher than others in search engines. By design, WordPress is very SEO friendly. You can use WordPress SEO plugins to optimize your website further.
- WordPress is Easy To Manage– WordPress features a built-in updates management system. WordPress also notifies you about the availability of new versions, so you can update your site by clicking a button. Moreover, you can also manage your WordPress site on the go with WordPress mobile apps.
- WordPress is Safe and Secure– WordPress is developed with security in mind, and it is considered to be a very safe and secure platform to run a website.
- WordPress Can Handle Different Media Types– WordPress is not limited to writing text. It comes with an in-built media uploader to handle images, videos and audios. WordPress supports YouTube videos, Tweets, Instagram photos and Soundcloud audio by just pasting the URL in the WordPress post editor.
If you want to develop your own website, you can never go wrong with WordPress. WordPress is a flexible and powerful Content Management System (CMS) which powers over 30% of all sites on the internet, making it a leading platform.
What Is WordPress?
If you are looking to build your first website, WordPress is an excellent solution. You can use it to develop and maintain a website without any prior knowledge of coding. This software enables you to customise every aspect of your website. WordPress began as a platform designed for people who wanted to create basic blogs. Over time, however, it has grown into a tool for creating almost any type of website.
What Makes WordPress Unique?
- The platform is free to use.
- Many free and low-cost tools can be used in WordPress.
- WordPress is designed to be user-friendly boasts features most desired by website creators.
What Can You Do With WordPress?
The WordPress dashboard makes it extremely easy to manage everything related to your site from one location. Here is a small list of the type of sites WordPress can be used for:
- Online portfolios: With the correct WordPress theme, you can efficiently showcase your achievements and skills, or even display your work and projects.
- News sites: WordPress’ blog format works exceptionally well for news articles, and many of the same features can be used for both blogging and news sites.
- E-commerce stores: If you are running a store online, there are lots of WordPress tools to help you through it.
- Community hubs: You can easily create forums, knowledge bases, fan sites, or any other place for similar-minded people to connect online.
- Business sites: Regardless of whether your business is large or small, provide contact details, you can share information and build a powerful online presence.
If you are not certain about the type of website you want to create, you can always start small and scale up over time.
How Should You Get Started With WordPress?
WordPress is a self-hosting platform, and there are a few steps to create your first site. However, the process is not that hard. Here is what you will have to do:
- Pick a Domain Name – This is the unique web address of your site. It is advisable to choose a domain that is catchy but also simple enough for visitors to remember easily.
- Purchase Hosting – You will need access to a web server, where your site’s data and files are saved.
- Install WordPress – Once you have a domain and a hosting plan, you are ready to download and install WordPress.
- Customise Your Site With Themes and Plugins – It is okay to explore and start small. We recommend looking for a theme first, then choosing a couple of plugins to start. You can always add on more plugins over time as you need them.
- Start Creating Content – There are two primary types of content in WordPress: posts and pages. Both use the same beginner-friendly editor, and you will find putting together your first few pieces of content very easy.
This might look like a lot of work, but you can get through the first few steps and on to creating content in a matter of hours.
WordPress is popular primarily because it is a perfect solution for a wide variety of applications. Both beginners and professional developers can use it to create blogs, e-commerce sites and everything in between. What is more, it is surprisingly simple to get started with.
It’s been a long time since I’ve updated the blog. First wplovin.com WordPress theme Aquarius – is already out for almost a week (officially, on wordpress.org) and I still haven’t blogged about that! So I’ve decided to go on and post some quick fun facts about the theme itself.
Released two hours before Feb 01, 2014 (depends on the timezone) on GitHub
Actually, I had the theme ready for some time already, but.. Since I do work full time, it’s kinda hard to plan things, haha! So, last Friday of January, I was left with a couple hours to fix few minor issues and polish the theme up before it goes out into the wild. But somehow I’ve managed to push the theme to GitHub repo. So the challenge is on, for real..
Took it 6 days to be reviewed and accepted on wordpress.org
I’ve submitted Aquarius to official WordPress theme repo on Feb 01, 2014. It went live on 06 Feb, 2014. There were few bumps on the road to acceptance, but hey – who gets it right from the first time, yeah? Never thought that releasing free theme might be this exciting
If you’re interested, here’s the link to initial Trac ticket.
Already has over 700 downloads in less than a week
At the time of writing this post, Aquarius has been downloaded for over 700 (
744 749 to be exact) times from the official wordpress.org theme repository. Also, it has one 5 star rating with a great review, and one, already solved, support ticket. Guess, it’s doing kinda alright
It’s been featured on WPTavern.com!
This one was a great surprise for me. A day after the theme was released on wordpress.org, I’ve decided to Google it, and there it was – short review on Aquarius posted just minutes ago! This is a great motivation for me to work harder to release even more awesome stuff in future.
I’ll try to keep Aquarius up-to-date and bug-free. So if you have some issues with it – let me know. Probably, it would be best to post on Aquarius support page @ wordpress.org.
Also, since February is usually few days shorter than all the other months, I’m already feeling the pressure, haha! But don’t worry – next theme is ~40% done so far, so it shouldn’t be an issue to complete it in the next two weeks. I will probably be posting more progress details on wplovin facebook page, so don’t forget to check it out!
Oh and by the way, have you tried Aquarius already? Do you like it? Feel free to post your opinion in the comments below! Thanks.