If you wonder why you need to switch to WordPress, in this article, we will share six essential reasons WordPress is a fantastic option. One of the most common misconceptions about WordPress is that it is only used for blogging. However, it is not. While WordPress did start as a blogging tool, it has evolved through the years into a powerful website builder and a reliable Content Management System (CMS). The best part about WordPress is that it is easy to use and flexible enough to make different types of websites. According to a recent study, WordPress powers 32.3% of all sites on the internet. Due to its features, many of the top brands use WordPress, including Time Magazine, The New Yorker, Facebook, Sony, Disney, The New York Times, Target and more. Now, take a look at why you should use WordPress to make your website.
- WordPress is Free as in Freedom– WordPress is a free software. You are free to download, use, install and modify it to cater to your needs. You can use it to create any type of website. While the WordPress software is free, you still need a domain name and web hosting. A domain name is what users type in the browser’s address bar to access your website. Web hosting, on the other hand, is your website’s house where all your website files are stored. You can Bluehost. Bluehost is one of the largest web hosting companies in the world and an official WordPress hosting provider.
- WordPress is Customizable with Themes and Plugins– A majority of people using WordPress are not web designers. Most people start using WordPress without any prior knowledge of designing websites. For non-tech savvy people, WordPress is the perfect solution because there are thousands of free website templates that you can choose from. There is an ideal WordPress theme for every kind of website. WordPress themes are easy to use because they come with their own options panel allowing you to change colours, upload logo, change the background and create beautiful sliders.
- WordPress is SEO Friendly– WordPress is written using standard compliance high-quality code. This is why WordPress sites rank higher than others in search engines. By design, WordPress is very SEO friendly. You can use WordPress SEO plugins to optimize your website further.
- WordPress is Easy To Manage– WordPress features a built-in updates management system. WordPress also notifies you about the availability of new versions, so you can update your site by clicking a button. Moreover, you can also manage your WordPress site on the go with WordPress mobile apps.
- WordPress is Safe and Secure– WordPress is developed with security in mind, and it is considered to be a very safe and secure platform to run a website.
- WordPress Can Handle Different Media Types– WordPress is not limited to writing text. It comes with an in-built media uploader to handle images, videos and audios. WordPress supports YouTube videos, Tweets, Instagram photos and Soundcloud audio by just pasting the URL in the WordPress post editor.